Our Council was founded in 1952 as a sub-Council of Port Alberni, Council #3435. In May 1954 we received our own charter and became a council in our own right under the name of Mid-Island Council #3842. It is so named because in its early days it served the entire mid-Vancouver Island region, stretching from Mill Bay/Shawnigan Lake to Qualicum Beach. In its half century history, it has seen the creation of five new councils in this area, the latest being Santa Maria Council in Ladysmith. Presently, our Council works closely with St. Peter's Parish and draws most of its member from it. We do however, also have some members from our sister parishes in the city, namely, Trinity Catholic and St. Michael's Ukrainian Catholic Church. It has an outstanding record of accomplishments over these many years of service providing funds and volunteer labour for many projects in both the parish and the community.